Set the oven to 200C 400F or gas mark 6.
Red Berry & White Chocolate Choux Buns
Delicious light choux pastry encasing a sweet berry sauce of blackberries, raspberries and red currant and freshly whipped cream. The buns are topped with crisp white chocolate and decorated with berry sauce
How it's doneDirections
Place the butter and water in a pan.
- Melt the butter and then boil.
- Add the flour, beat till smooth.
Add the egg(s) to the bowl and beat the eggs.
Add the eggs a bit at a time to the pan, beat till smooth.
- Place in a piping bag with a plain nozzle.
- Pipe 8 cms circles onto a damp baking tray
flatten any peaks left from piping with a knife.
- Place in the oven, cook for 30 mins till well risen and crisp
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool
While the choux buns are cooking
- Melt the jam
- Add the frozen berries to the jam
- Cook for 5 minutes set a side to cool
- When the choux buns are cool cut in half.
- Melt the white chocolate.
- Dip the tops of the choux buns into the chocolate set a side to set.
- Whip the cream to form soft peaks, add to the piping bag.
- Add the fruit mixture to another piping bag
- Pipe the berry mixture in the bottom of the choux bun
- Pipe the cream on top of the berry mixture
- Place the top of the choux bun (coated in white chocolate) on top of the cream
- Sieve the remaining fruit mixture.
- Place in a piping bag with a small nozzle.
- Pipe a pattern on the choux buns
serve 2 buns per person
What you needIngredients
- 2 Medium Pan
- 1 Medium Bowl
- baking tray
- cooling tray
- 2 pipe bag
- hand mixer
- 100 gram Plain Flour
- 85 grams Butter
- 200 ml Water
- 3 Eggs
- 500 grams Double Cream
- 3 tbsp blackberry jam
- 300 mixed red frozen fruit
- 150 grams white chocolate