Our apps are designed to make home cooking simple we do all the organising so you can focus on the cooking. Check out our first app the Virtual homecook.
This website is operated by SoCook Ltd.
· the information we collect about you
· what we do with your information, and
· who your information might be shared with.
SoCook Limited ('we' or 'us') are a 'data controller' for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (and future legislation) and the GDPR, (ie we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information).
We may collect information about the business which may include personal information about individuals who work for you and your customers (such as names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, bank account details) when you register with us or purchase services from us or when your customers use the Service. We also may collect personal information when you contact us for support.
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to help us to improve or personalise the services we provide to you.
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
· give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
· receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices;
· give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad; and
· give consent to the processing of his/her personal information.
We may ask you to provide sensitive personal information or we may have to handle sensitive personal information about your customers, for example, if you purchase our Services, we will collect payment information, such as financial or bank card information, and other information necessary for us to process the transaction. We may ask you to share your precise geolocation so we can customize your experience and increase the accuracy of the Service. Information that is considered sensitive under applicable law will be handled in accordance with such laws. If we request such information, we will explain why we are requesting it and how we intend to use it.
Sensitive personal information includes information relating to:
· your ethnic origin
· your political opinions
· your religious beliefs
We will only collect your sensitive personal information with your explicit consent.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
For example, we may monitor how many times you visit the website and where you are located using the SoCook App. This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
For further information on cookies generally visit or .
We collect information about you so that we can:
· set your account up and carry out any administration
· provide messaging services;
· conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
· carry out customer profiling;
· if you agree, let you know about other products or services that may be of interest to you—see 'Marketing’ section below;
· detect and prevent fraud;
· do a credit check—see 'Credit checking' section below;
· customise our website and its content to your particular preferences;
· notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you;
· carry out security vetting; and
· improve our services;
We would like to send you information by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call about our products, services and special offers which may be of interest to you.
Other businesses which we have selected carefully may also send you similar marketing messages, depending on what you agree with us.
We will only ask whether you would like us and other businesses to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you initially sign up to SoCook or via email if you were not offered this option when you initially signed up.
If you have consented to such receive marketing from us, or other businesses, you can opt out at any time. See 'What rights do you have?’ below for further information.
We may disclose your personal data to:
· other companies within our group;
· our agents and service providers;
· credit reference agents;
· law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity; and
· our business partners in accordance with the 'Marketing and opting out' section above.
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
· access to your account is controlled by a password and user name that are unique to you;
· we store your personal data on secure servers; and
· payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology).
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below).
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit . Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
· email, call or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below)
· let us have enough information to identify you (eg account number, user name, registration details), and
· let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with
You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to do this, please:
· email, call or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below).
· let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
· let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone)
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at SoCook Ltd, C4DI, @TheDock, 31-38 Queen Street, Hull, HU1 1UU, UK.
If you would like this policy in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us.