- Place the sesame oil, sugar, chinese five spice, soy sauce, corn flour into the shallow dish.
- Slice the chicken fillets into small strips or goujons.
- Place the chicken in the marinade.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours preferably overnight.
- Take the chicken out of the fridge
Chinese Stir-Fried Peppered Chicken
Stir fried chicken with onions, red peppers, spring onions and cashewnuts. Spiced with pepper, chinese five spice, garlic and chilli, served on a bed of egg noodles
How it's doneDirections
- Peel the onion cut in half, cut each half into thin slices
- Wash and chop the red pepper into matchsticks
- Wash and finely chop the chilli. Peel and chop the garlic
- Wash and finely slice the spring onions
- Crush the pepper corns in a mortar and pestle
- Mix the chilli paste, hoisin sauce, soy sauce and white wine
- Half fill a medium pan with water and boil,.
- Add a spot of olive oil and a pinch of salt to the boiling water
- Heat the wok add 1/2 tbsp sunflower oil.
- Add the onions, add the peppers cook for a minute or two.
- Add the chilli flakes cook for a minute or two
- Move the veg to the side of the wok and add the other 1/2 of the oil to the wok.
- Add the chicken and fry from 4 to 5 minutes until golden brown.
While the chicken is cooking Add the noodles to the hot water
- Add crushed pepper, the garlic and chopped chilli to the wok cook for a minute or two.
- Add the sauce to the wok cook for a minute or two.
- Add the cashew nuts cook for a minute or two.
Place the noodles in individual serving dishes, place the stir fry on top sprinkle with spring onions
What you needIngredients
- rectangular pie dish
- chopping board
- large knife
- fish slice
- small bowl
- medium pan
- mortar and pestle
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sugar granulated
- 1/4 tsp chinese five spice
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp corn flour
- 1/2 onions
- 1 bell pepper (red)
- 2 garlic
- 1 fresh chilli
- 1 spring onions
- 2 tsp black pepper corns
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 100 grams cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tsp chilli paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp white wine
- 2 portions egg noodles
- Salt to taste