- Heat the olive oil in the frying pan.
- Peel and chop the onion(s) finely add the onions to a pan.
- Peel and crush the garlic using the garlic crusher or chop finely.
- Add the garlic to the pan.
Black Olive & Lentil Burgers with Courgette Chips
A chunky burger made with mushrooms and lentils, flavoured with olive, garlic and basil served with parmesan courgette chips
How it's doneDirections
set the oven to 190C 375F or gas mark 5
- Wash and slice the mushrooms add to the frying pan.
- Add the mixed herbs cook for 5 minutes.
- Using a food processor blend the bread into fresh breadcrumbs.
- Reserve half the breadcrumbs.
- Drain the lentils.
- Add to the food processor
- Add the contents of the frying pan
- Add the soy sauce
- Add the lemon juice
- Blend until smooth
- Empty into a bowl
- Chop the olives, add the olives.
- Mix in the remaining breadcrumbs.
- Wash and tear the basil leaves.
- Add the basil to the bowl.
- Take a large spoonful of the mixture and with damp hands shape the mixture into burgers
- Make a burger for each person.
- Brush the top of the burger with oil using the pastry brush and place in the oven for 20 mins
- Wash the courgettes chop into chip shapes.
- Place the breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Grate the parmesan onto the plate and mix the breadcrumbs and parmesan together with salt and pepper
- Break the egg(s) into the shallow bowl and beat with a fork.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour 1 tbsp olive oil onto the baking tray and 1 tbsp into a cup
- Organise the courgettes, egg, breadcrumb mixture, baking tray into a row.
- Then dip the courgette chip into egg.
- Then dip the courgette chip into the breadcrumbs and parmesan coat the courgette chip fully.
- Place the crumbed courgette chip onto the oiled baking tray and dab the courgette with oil from the cup using a pastry brush.
- Repeat for each courgette chip.
- Place in the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes turning once part way through cooking
- Switch the grill on.
- Cut the ciabatta rolls in half lightly toast.
- Remove courgette chips from the oven.
- Remove the burgers from the oven
- Lay the burger on top of the ciabatta roll
- Add the onions
- Top with tomato sauce
- Sprinkle of basil
- Serve with the parmesan chips
What you needIngredients
- chopping board
- large knife
- frying pan
- garlic crusher
- large bowl
- baking tray
- pastry brush
- food processor
- shallow bowl
- baking tray
- 250 grams mushroom
- 1 onions
- 1 sliced bread (brown)
- 1 tomato
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tin lentils
- 8 black olives
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 clove garlic
- 4 sprigs fresh basil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt - to taste
- black pepper - tpo taste
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- 2 sprig fresh basil
- 2 courgette
- 3 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- 6 tbsp bread crumbs
- 10 grams parmesan
- Salt- to taste
- black pepper - top taste
Yummy ideasLatest Recipes
Red pepper and Manchego Tortilla Category: Around the World, Flexitarian, Healthy, Low Cost, Main, Quick and Easy, Traditional
Lamb and Ale Stew with bubble and Squeak Patties Category: Freezer Friendly, Main, Meat Feast, Traditional, uk
Garlic Steak Fajitas with a Lettuce and Avocado Salad Category: Around the World, Main, Meat Feast, Modern, Quick and Easy