Boil the water and add to the stock cube.
Red Wine Mushroom & Pancetta Risotto
A earthy red wine risotto cooked with mushrooms and pancetta sprinkled with parmesan and black pepper
How it's doneDirections
- Peel and finely chop the red onion . Add the onions to a pan.
- With a 1/4 of the butter and a spot of olive oil
cook for a minute or two
- Wash the risotto rice then add the rice to the onions.
- Cook until the rice starts to look transparent.
Add the red wine, cook till wine has evaporated.
- Add enough stock to cover the rice.
- Then add the stock to the onions and rice mixture a ladle at a time allowing the stock to be absorbed by the rice
- Continue adding ladle after ladle until all the stock is used up.
When the water is fully incorporated the rice should be cooked, it should be soft on the outside with a slight bite in the middle.
- Heat the olive oil in the frying pan
- Dice the pancetta add the pancetta to the pan
- Wash and slice the mushrooms.
- Add the mushrooms to the frying pan.
- Cook the mushrooms until coloured set a side
When the risotto is cooked
- Return the mushroom and pancetta to the heat
- Add the mushrooms and pancetta to the risotto and stir
- Finely grate the parmesan.
- Add the parmesan and the remaining butter to the rice.
- Stir and then place a lid on the pan and leave for five minutes.
Share the contents of the pan equally between the serving bowls, finely grate the parmesan sprinkle over each serving bowl
What you needIngredients
- 1 Large Pan
- 1 Chopping Board
- 1 Large Knife
- Garlic crusher
- 1 Jug
- Frying pan
- 35 grams butter
- 200 grams risotto rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50 grams parmesan
- 100 grams mushrooms
- 40 grams pancetta
- 1 red onion
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 100 ml red wine
- 500 ml water
- 10 grams parmesan
- black pepper - to taste
- salt - to taste