Set the oven to 190C 375F or gas mark 5.
Lime Avocado and Kidney Bean Burritos
Crushed kidney beans mixed with tomatoes and spices topped with creamy avocado and lime all encased in a soft burrito wrap
How it's doneDirections
- Peel sweet potatoes.
- Cut into chips and place in a bowl.
- Combine the paprika, garlic salt and black pepper in a small bowl this forms the spice mix for the chips.
- Toss the chips in the oil and spice mix.
- When each chip is fully coated with the mixture place the chips on a baking tray.
- Place in the oven, cook for 20 mins
- Heat the olive oil in the frying pan.
- Peel and crush the garlic using the garlic crusher or chop finely.
- Add the garlic to the frying pan add cumin and chilli flakes.
- Fry for approx 1 minute to bring out the flavour of the spices
- Drain the beans and wash in cold water add to the frying pan.
- Gently squash some of the beans with a fork.
- Wash and chop the tomatoes, add the chopped tomatoes to the frying pan.
- Cook for a minute or two set a side
cut the avocado(s) in half remove the stone and skin, slice lengthways into thin slices add to a small bowl mash with a fork
- wash and finely chop the fresh coriander add to the bowl.
- Squeeze the lime(s) add the lime juice to the bowl season with salt and pepper.
- Warm the wraps in the microwave for 30 seconds or cover the wraps in foil and place in the oven for 5 mins till warm.
- Grate the cheese.
- To make the burrito
- Spread a little sour cream over the wrap.
- Then pile the beans and avocado and cheddar cheese in the middle of the wrap .
- Bring the bottom up then fold the side in to make a cup like object.
- Wash mixed leaves and place in a serving bowl.
- Place a cross on the top of the cucumber then slice the cucumber to form quarters sprinkle over the salad leaves.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and then slice in half sprinkle over the salad leaves.
- Wash and chop the green pepper(s) into small pieces
sprinkle over the salad leaves.
Remove sweet potato chips from the oven serve two wraps for each person with the sweet potato chips add the salad
What you needIngredients
- 1 Chopping Board
- 1 Large Knife
- frying pan
- 1 Garlic Crusher
- 1 Small Bowl
- baking tray
- kidney beans 1 tin
- 100 grams Tomatoes
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 handfuls fresh coriander
- 4 Wraps
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 40 grams cheddar cheese
- black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 40 grams Salad Leaves
- 1/2 Bell Pepper (Green)
- 3 Sweet Potatoes
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 0.5 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt