- Set the oven to 190C 375F or gas mark 5
- Boil the water and add to the stock cube
Leek, Butternut Squash and Chorizo Lentils with Risotto Blanco
A creamy roast butternut parmesan risotto topped with a mixture of chorizo, lentils, leeks and sage
How it's doneDirections
- Peel and chop the butternut squash into cube.
- Lightly coat the baking tray with oil using a pastry brush.
- Add the butternut squash cubes to the baking tray and coat the cubes in oil, place in the oven
- Bake for 15 minutes turning once part way through cooking
- Wash the leeks
- Chop the white of the leeks finely
- Chop the green of the leeks roughly
- Set a pan on the heat, with a 1/4 of the butter and a spot of olive oil
- Add the white of the leeks, cook for a minute or two, add the garlic to the pan
- Wash the risotto rice then add the rice to the onions cook.
- Cook until the rice starts to look transparent.
Add the white wine, cook till wine has evaporated.
- Add enough stock to cover the rice.
- Add the stock to the onions and rice mixture a ladle at a time allowing the stock to be absorbed by the rice.
- Continue adding ladle after ladle until all the stock is used up.
When the water is fully incorporated the rice should be cooked, it should be soft on the outside with a slight bite in the middle.
While the rice is cooking
- Heat the olive oil in the frying pan.
- Chop the chorizo into cubes
- Add the chorizo to the pan fry till crisp
- Peel and chop half the garlic, add the garlic to the pan cook for a minute or two
- Wash and remove the thyme leaves from their stalks zest the lemon(s) add to the pan
- Open the tin of lentils and place in a sieve rinse with cold water, drain the lentils add to the pan
- Cook for a minute or two, turn the heat down and keep warm on a low light
- Set a pan on the heat, with a 1/4 of the butter and a spot of olive oil.
- Peel and chop the remaining garlic, add the garlic to the pan.
- Add the green of the leeks cook for 5 minutes.
- Wash and chop the sage leaves, add to the pan
set a side
- Finely grate the parmesan.
- Add the parmesan and the remaining butter to the rice, Stir and then place a lid on the pan and leave for five minutes.
- Add the roast squash, to the risotto
- Mix the lentil mixture and leek mixture together
serve the risotto in individual bowls.
- Sprinkle the lentil/leek mixture over the top of the risotto.
- Sprinkle with parmesan shavings and serve
This recipe was inspired by a vegetarian recipe from the Dennis Potter recipe book Paradisio seasons.
What you needIngredients
- 1 Large Pan
- 1 Chopping Board
- 1 Large Knife
- 1 Frying Pan
- 1 Baking Tray
- 1 Garlic Crusher
- 30 grams butter
- 200 grams risotto rice
- 1/2 butternut squash
- 1 leeks
- 110 grams chorizo
- 6 fresh sage leaves
- 2 garlic clove
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1/2 tin green lentils
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 100 ml white wine
- 500 ml water
- 40 grams parmesan
- black pepper - to taste
- salt - to taste