Set the oven to 200C 400F or gas mark 4
Feta Cheese Fritters with Aubergine and Pistachio Rice
An aubergine, pistachio and rice salad dressed with lemon caper dressing accompanied by Courgette and feta cheese combined into a tasty fritter served with a mint and balsamic vinaigrette
How it's doneDirections
- Cut the aubergines into 2 cms thick slices.
- Place the slices on paper towel and sprinkle salt onto the aubergines leave for 10 minutes
- Rinse the aubergine under running water to remove salt
- Cut the aubergines into cubes.
- Add the oil for the salad to the baking tray
- Add the aubergine to the baking tray
- Coat the aubergine in oil
- Place in the oven cook until lightly caramelised
- Add the pistachios to a baking tray
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Turning once part way through cooking
- Make the mint vinaigrette
- Melt the mint jelly in the microwave or a pan
- Whisk in the balsamic vinegar
- Add the oil for the vinaigrette
- Set a side
make the caper dressing
- Rinse the capers chop the capers finely
- Squeeze the lemon(s) add the lemon juice.
- Add the sugar.
- Add the oil for the dressing.
- Stir to mix the ingredients set a side
- Grate the courgettes
- Squeeze all the liquid from the vegetables.
- Place the courgette in a bowl
- Add the flour
- Beat the egg add the egg(s) to the batter mixture.
- Add the milk
- Crumble the feta cheese over the mixture
- Add the black pepper and stir
- Heat the olive oil in the frying pan
- Add a tablespoon of the courgette mixture to create each fritter Cook for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Cook in batches and keep warm in the oven
- Warm the precooked rice by following the instructions.
- Add the precooked rice to the bowl.
- Add the aubergine.
- Add the pistachios stir to mix the ingredients.
- Chop the sun dried tomatoes.
- Wash and finely chop the fresh parsley.
- Wash and tear the basil leaves add to the bowl
- Add the caper dressing stir to mix the ingredients
Place one serving of rice onto a plate
Add two fritters add the mint vinaigrette serve immediately
What you needIngredients
- 2 large bowl
- 1 Chopping Board
- 1 Large Knife
- 1 Fish Slice
- 2 Baking Trays
- 2 small bowls
- 1 Frying Pan
- 2 courgette
- 30 grams plain flour
- 1 egg
- 60 grams feta cheese
- 1 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 200 grams Precook Long Grain Brown Rice
- 1 aubergine
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 50 grams Pistachio
- 4 sprig fresh basil
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 8 sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tsp capers
- 1/2 Lemon
- Salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- mint jelly
- olive oil