- Cut the steaks into thin strips.
- Peel and chop the onion(s) finely.
- Heat the frying pan, add the butter, add a spot of oil.
- Add the onions cook till soft.
Strips of beef and chestnut mushrooms cooked in brandy, paprika and sour cream sauce served with white rice and sprinkled with parsley
How it's doneDirections
- Wash and slice the mushrooms.
- Add the mushrooms to the frying pan.
- Shallow fry till golden brown.
- Empty the contents of the frying pan on to a plate set a side
- Reheat the frying pan add a spot of oil.
- Fry the steak in batches cook till lightly browned.
- Return the steak to the pan.
- Add the brandy cook off the alcohol.
- Add the paprika cook for a minute or two.
- Add the mushroom mixture .
- Add the sour cream and lemon juice heat gently
- Wash and finely chop the fresh parsley.
- Add the parsley cook for a minute or two.
- Warm the precooked rice by following the instructions.
- Place the rice in individual serving dishes.
- Place the stroganoff on top of the rice.
- Sprinkle with parsley, serve immediately.
What you needIngredients
- 1 Chopping Board
- 1 Large Knife
- 1 Fish Slice
- 1 Frying Pan
- 250 grams sirloin steak
- 1 onion
- 125 grams mushrooms
- 2 tbsps brandy
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 15 grams butter
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 packet precook long grain rice
Yummy ideasLatest Recipes
Red pepper and Manchego Tortilla Category: Around the World, Flexitarian, Healthy, Low Cost, Main, Quick and Easy, Traditional
Lamb and Ale Stew with bubble and Squeak Patties Category: Freezer Friendly, Main, Meat Feast, Traditional, uk
Garlic Steak Fajitas with a Lettuce and Avocado Salad Category: Around the World, Main, Meat Feast, Modern, Quick and Easy