set the oven to 200C 400F or gas mark 6
A traditional bolognese made with minced beef, pancetta, onions, tomatoes, carrots and chianti, served on a bed of spaghetti, sprinkled with parmesan
How it's doneDirections
Heat the olive oil in the frying pan.
- Peel and chop the onion(s) finely, add to the frying pan
- Dice the pancetta, add to the frying pan cook for 3 to 4 mins
- Wash and dice the celery, add to the frying pan cook for 3 to 4 mins
- Peel and crush the garlic using the garlic crusher or chop finely add to the frying pan
- Wash and slice the mushrooms , add to the frying pan cook for 5 minutes.
- Peel and grate the carrots, add to the frying pan.
- Lower the heat cook the vegetables till they caramelise
- Add the mince beef to the pan cook till brown.
- Add the oregano, bay leaves, tomatoes, red wine, tomato puree and Worcester sauce.
- Boil and then simmer, cook for 25 mins
While the bolognese is cooking
- Half fill a medium pan with water and boil.
- Add a spot of olive oil and a pinch of salt to the boiling water
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until tender but with a slight bite.
Put the garlic bread on the baking tray and place in the oven follow cooking instructions on packaging
Drain the pasta
- Divide the pasta between the serving plates.
- Add the bolognese on the top.
- Remove garlic bread from the oven serve the pasta with garlic bread
What you needIngredients
- 1 Medium pan
- 1 Chopping Board
- 1 Large Knife
- 1 Garlic Crusher
- 1 Frying Pan
- 1 Baking tray
- 150 grams spaghetti
- 4 slices pancetta
- 75 grams mushrooms
- 1/2 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 stick celery
- 1 garlic clove
- 250 grams mince beef
- dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 glass red wine
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 11/2 tsp worcester sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt - to taste
- black pepper - to taste
- 1 garlic bread