Set the oven to 190C 375F or gas mark 5
Sweet Potato Soup with Crusty Rolls
A beautifully flavoured soup with a beefy base complimented by roasted sweet potato, tomatoes and onions served with crusty bread rolls
How it's doneDirections
- Lightly coat the baking tray with oil using a pastry brush.
- Wash and cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise
- Place the sweet potatoes on the baking tray flesh side down.
- Place in the oven cook for 15 mins to 20 mins cook till the flesh is soft
- Place the tomato halves on the baking tray with a tbsp of olive oil .
- Mix the tomatoes in the oil.
- Place in the oven cook for 10 mins
- Peel and chop the onion(s) finely.
- Add the onions to a pan cook until soft but not coloured
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven.
- Remove the skins from the tomatoes.
- Chop tomatoes and remove any hard central parts of the tomatoes.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 pint of boiling water for each stock cube.
- Add the water to the stock cube(s).
- Add the stock to the pan
- When the sweet potatoes are cooked (they should be soft).
- Remove from the oven.
- Remove the skin from the sweet potatoes.
- Chop the peeled sweet potato into chunks.
- Add to the pan simmer for 15 minutes
- Using a hand blender liquidise the soup until smooth the soup should not be too thick if it is add a little extra water.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Return to the heat and gently warm through.
- If the soup is to thin leave on the heat till it reaches the consistency you require
- Serve with crusty rolls
What you needIngredients
- 1 Large Pan
- 1 Chopping Board
- 1 large Knife
- 1 Frying Pan
- 1 Baking Tray
- 1 Hand Liquidiser
- 1kg Sweet potato
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- 1 & 1/2 Beef Stock cube
- 1.5 litres Water
- 25 grams butter
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Crusty Rolls
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
Yummy ideasLatest Recipes
Red pepper and Manchego Tortilla Category: Around the World, Flexitarian, Healthy, Low Cost, Main, Quick and Easy, Traditional
Lamb and Ale Stew with bubble and Squeak Patties Category: Freezer Friendly, Main, Meat Feast, Traditional, uk
Garlic Steak Fajitas with a Lettuce and Avocado Salad Category: Around the World, Main, Meat Feast, Modern, Quick and Easy